Akhlaq’s family gets call to drop names from FIR

10, Oct 2015

Oct 10 2015 : The Times of India (Mumbai)
Bisada:
TIMES NEWS NETWORK
A mob of about a 100 people had attacked Mohammad Akhlaq’s house on the night of September 28. Of them, 10 have been named in the FIR. These 10, Akhlaq’s family could identify that night in the chaos, when, to make matters worse, there was no electricity and an inverter was doing the job.
Police have so far arrested eight, and the UP government is talking of charging them under the harsh National Security Act, which will ensure they can be detained for up to 12 months. Now, it seems, parents of a few of the accused are putting gentle pressure on Akhlaq’s family to withdraw their sons’ names from the FIR.
Akhlaq’s younger brother Jaan Mohammad told TOI, “Two women and one man, whose sons are arrested in the case, have approached me claiming that they are innocent.“
“I was not present at the spot when the attack took place. My niece and nephew were in the house at that time.My nephew (Danish) was critically injured. My niece (Sahista) identified the accused and named them in the FIR. How can I know if a person is innocent or not? Let the police investigate the matter,“ he said.

 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Go to Top