Citizens for Justice and Peace

4 billion people have no social protection: ILO

01, Dec 2017

A recently released report from the ILO contains data indicating that only 45% of the world’s population “is effectively covered by at least one social benefit”. The rest, 55% or 4 billion people, lack any sort of coverage. Just 29% of the world’s population has “access to comprehensive social security”, up from 27% in 2014-15. The rest, 5.2 billion people, have partial or no coverage. Moreover, nearly two-thirds of children worldwide lack effective social protection.



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Go to Top