Creating an Enthusiastic and Modern band of Teachers who are committed to India’s Constitutional Ethos and Fundamental Values through organised teacher-training and community-outreach workshops aimed at replication of the KHOJ model.
What we do with Teachers
The Three Dimensional Approach
This aspect of the Khoj project involves actual classroom interventions and Teacher Trainings and Capacity Building.
- Teacher Training Workshops in Motivational Techniques.
- Workshop Emphasis on Skills in History and Social Studies Teaching.
- With SS/History Teachers & the Dissemination of the analysis of existing SS and History Texts as also offering the Supplementary materials on History and Social Studies.
- Monitoring Teaching Practices.
Khoj is also working on deepening access to education of all sections of Indians through a critique of the Right to Education (RTE) Act of 2009, and using the Right to Information (RTI) Act to gain information on the spread of schools and Teacher Appointment.
- Capacity Building in School Development under the Right To Education Act.
- Teacher Training on Right To Education (RTE) Act of 2009.
Community Mobilisation for Quality Education & Accessing Government Schemes
- Setting up PTA & Community Cells.
- Monitoring of the Mid-day Meal Scheme.
- Accessing, Sharing and Monitoring of Government/Municipal Schemes with Community Leaders and Parents.
- Right To Information: Access & Monitoring of Panchayat/Municipal/Government Schemes for Disadvantaged Students.